The village of Sv. Lovreč is situated above the Raša bay, at the foot of the road heading from Labin to Koromačno. Numerous archaeological findings from the Antiquity were found near the village and the Roman Age road joining the city of Pula (Pola) and ancient Labin (Albona) was traced near-by. The settlement flourished during the Venetian and Austrian government. The Battiala-Lazzarini family had their summer house built here. In 1903, in the neighboring village of Vlakovo a primary school was opened with lessons in Croatian. Until the mid-19th century the majority of people were engaged in agriculture and livestock breeding. Intensive development started during the second half of the 19th century when men turned to maritime affairs.
The church dedicated to St. Lawrence is located at the entrance to the village. It is a one-nave 17th century Baroque church with a semicircular presbytery. Two inscriptions on the façade made in 1653 provide exact construction and renovation dates. The main altar, made of stone with incrustation, dates back to the 17th century, and according to a local legend it was brought here from Dubašnica on the isle of Krk. Parts of the former 17th century wooden altar were used and put onto the confessional, while the two wooden statues are still held behind the main altar.