Cape Crna punta (literally: the black cape) with a lighthouse is situated down the Skitača village. The lighthouse built in 1873 was constantly emitting the 4th order white light with 11 mile range. The lighthouse consists of a separate tower with light and a one storey building with the total area of 160 sq. m. A storage room and a motor engine unit are also part of this complex. There is no electricity in the building, and water is supplied from its own cistern. Thanks to this lighthouse the maritime route to Rijeka port and other Kvarner bay harbors was marked and safe for navigation. The surroundings of Crna punta is rich in forests that were exploited during the Venetian rule. A small dock was constructed just for that purpose near the lighthouse. The lighthouse is now operating automatically, with the last crew members leaving in the 1980s.