Telefon: +385 (0)52 874 505 | E-mail: tz-rasa@rasa.hr

Vilete (1937. – 1938.)

As part of the new mining town the residential buildings known as vilete are situated on the west side of town, on a plateau used as a quarry during town construction, near the town square. At the foot of the hill rises almost three meter high retaining wall, which also serves to separate vilete from the urban part of the town. Namely, vilete were built as a quarter to accommodate top ranked mine employees, managers and engineers. Three buildings were erected housing two five-bedroom apartments and one building with two seven-bedroom apartments (Types D, D1 and D3). Duplex apartments with a cellar with the space of almost 150 sq. m offered highly comfortable accommodation with hot water supply, spacious gardens and carefully arranged landscape. At the time of the Yugoslav administration the apartments were divided into two following the socialist ideas thus losing the 1930s comfort.