Telefon: +385 (0)52 874 505 | E-mail: tz-rasa@rasa.hr

UPPER RAŠA (1939-1942)

Upper Raša is situated in the northern part of the town. In addition to residential buildings for mine officials (Type C and C1 Buildings) and their families this part of town contained other public facilities such as police station, fire fighters, and houses for single miners and single houses for the engineers. The only difference between miners’ and officials’ flats was just the space of the apartment, while the equipment and standard of living in miners’ flats do not differ from the officials’ flats. After the inauguration of Raša it was realized that there is a shortage of miners’ apartments, and therefore in the northern part of town around 130 new apartments were built (Tyke K).