Telefon: +385 (0)52 874 505 | E-mail: tz-rasa@rasa.hr

TOWN HEATING PLANT (1936 -1937)

Central complex of town heating plant is located in the industrial part of the new mining town near Raša mine. Along with the bell tower of St. Barbara’s church, almost 40m high brick chimney of the plant creates an extremely important vertical vision of the city. Advanced technology using two boilers with automatic furnace suitable for domestic coal use served the simple, but very modern architecture of the heating plant. The plant was connected with 2.4km of pipes to all objects which had a specific public function. Due to deterioration of the infrastructure the plant was closed in 1995 and now awaits a specific cultural – tourist redevelopment.