Telefon: +385 (0)52 874 505 | E-mail: tz-rasa@rasa.hr

MINING CANTEEN (1939 – 1940)

Near the directorate of Raša mine there is a mining canteen. Mining canteen is the first point in the process of miners entering their work site. Miners’ satiety guaranteed successful working a perfunctory daily norm, therefore, special attention was dedicated to miners’ diet. After mine closing in 1966 a wool textile factory moved into the canteen premises, which closed at the end of 1970s. The premises were then housed a factory producing band saw blades. Nowadays the canteen is out of order, waiting for a specific economic or tourist – cultural redevelopment.