Telefon: +385 (0)52 874 505 | E-mail: tz-rasa@rasa.hr

LOWER RAŠA (1936-1937)

Lower working-class Raša was built in the first phase of construction, immediately after drying up Krapan Lake. It included the construction of seventy-seven single-storey workers’ buildings (Type A), with four comfortable two-bedroom apartments, each of them with a separate entrance. In the ground floor arched and rectangular openings take turn, in order to avoid the monotony of repetition. The architect here used baladur (floor galleries), refined elements of traditional local architecture. All apartments had the same heating stoves powered by coal from Raša. Additionally, in Lower Raša, there were six similar buildings erected, each with four-bedroom apartments (Type B) and four ground-floor buildings with two-bedroom apartments (Type B1). Each apartment individually owned around 200 sq. m garden cultivated mostly by women in that way contributing to the town landscape which nowadays considers Raša as one of the so-called garden cities. What is interesting is that Pulitzer even designed furniture for these apartments.